Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day was...

...FANTASTIC!
Even though the day ended with Bryson having a 101.4 fever, Hudson with a sever cold, and my husband with laryngitis, I think they (and I!) would repeat the day in a heartbeat.  Carson said it was the best day ever.
I started the day sleeping in until 8:30 (that's huge in this house) and was greeted with breakfast in bed.  I then challenged the kids to a game of Chutes and Ladders followed by Trouble (I lost both).  I even lost a game of Connect 4 to Bryson!!  I swear he's got the Jedi force working with him.  I spent the rest of the morning planting the flowers the boys had given me.  My husband then whisked us off to the Northwest track where we played catch, played soccer, ran/walked a few laps, and had a picnic.   I got to spend a little time with each of the boys separately with the different grocery stores I went to (not my ideal thing to do on Mother's Day, but I didn't have any other time to do it).  The day ended with some pizza from Pizza Hut!
Why don't I spend more days like this?  If a simple trip to a park, or clearing makes my kids so happy, let's do it more often!  That's the plan for the summer!

I help out Carson's first grade classroom every other week, and I've seen how he and his classmates work.  So when he gave me my Mother's Day gift (a book that he made), I wasn't too shocked with what was in it.  Some parts were probably copied from his neighbor.  It all adds up to be a wonderfully hilarious book.  Here's some excerpts: "My mommy's hair is blond and her eye are blue." (not blue, brown!); "My mommy loves to relax by the fire."; "Her favorite household chore is clean my room."; "Her favorite TV show is SpongeBob."; "Her favorite song is I no I'm a superstar."; "If she could go on a trip, she would go to Hollywood.".  We were cracking up when I was reading it.

Now we are back into routine with baseball Monday - Thursday, with extra soccer on Tuesday and Saturday.  Busy time in busy town.  We'll have to try and find a few more hours to rest to keep these colds/fevers at bay.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! Don't forget to put trips to ClarkLake on your summer schedule! :) (if it ever stops raining) ;)

    ReplyDelete