Monday, June 2, 2014

W1D2

For the next 20 days, I'm known as a set of characters!  WxDx.  Today I am W1D2.  Week 1, Day 2.

I was excited the first day yesterday.  Had a fantastic salad for lunch, had a great snack, and managed to eat the so-so salad for dinner (it was called a fiesta salad, I called it the siesta salad - because I'm hilarious!).
Today I put my smoothie in the freezer to finish getting ready and got all the way to work before I realized I hadn't eaten it.  As it was only day 2, I HAD to go back!  If I started skimping this early, I knew it would all go downhill.  But, so far, I'm 100% committed!  I cancelled lunch plans because I spent an hour yesterday prepping for my lunch today (and I'm not really sure what I can eat and can not eat at a restaurant).

The first week is about ridding your body of alcohol, caffeine and sugar.  Guess what that leaves you with?  A HEADACHE!  Oh man is my head pounding.  It's crazy to think that I've eaten all fresh 'stuff' for 48 hours and I have a headache.  Seems like your body should be humming, but I guess it's getting rid of all of the toxins and that's what causes the headaches.  Supposedly is supposed to only happen on day 2 and/or day 3.

I've tried more things in the last 2 days than I have in probably my whole life.  I never knew I liked nectarines.  I do not like tahini, and I still don't like red peppers.  My stomach is still a little queazy from the salad I tried to eat for dinner.  It had tahini, chickpeas, some other stuff that I already forgot in it.  I'm not sure if it was the texture, the taste, or both, but I couldn't finish it.  Just thinking about it makes my stomach queazy.  I'm supposed to have the salad again for lunch tomorrow, but I'm going to go back to the Summer Strawberry one from day one.
What really sucked is that the family had Little Caesars pizza.  I really wanted to take a little bite, but instead I promised myself I could eat some in 20 days.  Man that seems like a long ways away...

I'm going to bed right now, so then I'll only have 19 days to go!

Whoot whoot!



No comments:

Post a Comment