Wednesday, June 11, 2014

W2D11...not a new day

Today wasn't a new day.  Right now I'm chasing after the wagon that I fell off.

Let's go over my week.  The week I was supposed to be detoxing.

Monday:  mini-twix in morning.  lead to full size Twix in afternoon.  starving at ballgame.  Husband brought Pizza Hut.  ate pizza.  Husband promised kids ice cream.  ate ice cream.

Tuesday:  It's a new day!  3 miniature candy bars in morning.  very gross detox friendly red cabbage sweet potato.  left over pizza for dinner.  ate 4 or 5 of the small packs of Nabisco treats (Chips Ahoy, Oreos, Nutter Butters, Angry Bird grahams).  made beet soup with fennel bulb for tomorrow's meal.

Wednesday:  It's another new day!  tried beet soup.  one bite.  drove home and ate cereal.  ate 4 small packs of Nabisco treats and a Hershey's bar.

What have I learned?  I'm SO much more tired after my fall out on Monday.  I yawn a lot now.  My stomach is bloated (pants tight).  My mouth is dry and cotton like (I remember this a lot from before).

So what happened?  The foods on this detox week are not all that enticing.  Last week I had about 50% of them that were good.  Most I could stomach through at least half way.  This week, not so much.  That's part of the reason.  I think the other part is that I only have so much will power.  Each time I say no to something, a bit of that power goes away, until I have none less.  I don't know how to build that back up.

So what am I going to do?  I was down 1.2 pounds this week.  A co-worker asked if I was still detoxing.  I told her about Monday, and a little bit about Tuesday.  She said "But think of how much better you are eating the rest of the time?  Probably a lot better."  and she's right. But I don't know why I have to eat 5 small treats instead of just one.  It's not like those bags are going anywhere.

Taking a few minutes to think about it....I have so much food left over from this shopping trip, that I really don't want to waste.  I'm going to continue to try the rest of the recipes, but I'm going to allow myself ice cream on my son's birthday.  In the long run, I'd love to do 80% healthy, 20% things that taste good :).  For the rest of this cleanse, I'm going to try to allow myself ONE cheat a day, and I will allow that to be dinner once or twice.  It's only 10 more days!  I did that almost at the beginning!!

I CAN DO THIS!  As long as I don't eat any more beet soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment