Wednesday, November 23, 2011

30 day shred, day 8 and level 2!


Level: 2  Oh wow....
Date: November 22, 2011
Time of exercise: 6:05am
Qty (each strength is done twice):
walking pushups:     5, 4
squat and row:   27, 19
dumbbell row w/
static lunge:
pendulum lunges w/ 
hammer curl**:
chair squat w/
v fly lift  :
weight: +1.5 lbs 

* - didn't complete the strength for the whole time allotted 
** - due to my bad, crackling knees, I won't do the lunges.

Notes: 
 You might notice that, after the first two exercises, I don't have any quantities filled in above.  I did do them, but I was flabbergasted on how much harder this level was, that I forgot to count!  If levels were named by how hard they were, this would be level 250!  This is not a step up from level 1, it's a run, a hop, a skip, a spider man swing, and a superman jump over a building away from level 1.  Wow, is all I can say.
This level has a ton of planks in it.  I hate planks.  I've done yoga and pilates a time or two, but have never stuck with it.  Mainly because it is filled with planks.  I am unable to do them!  I blame it on my three kids and the toll they took on my abs (I guess the real reason is that I've never really worked on my abs so I have no foundation).  I'm looking forward to next week when I will think these are easier!  For the walking pushups, I watched twice and I think I went down about 2 inches into the pushup.  Maybe I can make it 3 inches in a few days :)

In addition to all of the moves involving planking, this also has a lot of strength and cardio that may hurt my knees.  I'm going to take it easy the first few times to see if my knees can do it, otherwise I'll start modifying more than just removing the lunges.  The cardio from level 1 I thought was pretty easy.  I thought it was because, cardio wise, I was in shape.  What a slap in the face it was that I had to rest during cardio this level!

The only thing that made me giggle and pay attention was that Natalie (the person you watch if you want harder exercises) cheated a couple times and it made me laugh.  Jillian caught her one time.

I got up early this morning to do the exercises and I like that.  I didn't have to worry about it later in the day.  Except for I didn't carve enough time out for blogging about this and I forgot to do it last night!  Hence the 5:30am bog this morning.  Stay tuned for my level 2 trek this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment